Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Years

Well, it's a new year. I want to start by saying 268.9. What does 268.9 mean? It could mean many things. But at the beginning of the year it pretty much means only one thing... resolutions. I have one resolution that I made and I didn't make it on the first, I couldn't bring myself to be so cliche. I made this resolution on December 30th. It's time to think of my body and my health.
I weighed in at 268.9. Can you believe it? Where did it all come from? Surely not the Captain. My old friend. Stromboli... another old friend. Papa John, definately an old friend. Old Friends.
As we get older, we lose our old friends. Some move away and we never hear from them again. We think of them often but we never call... and they never call us. Some of our friends die. Some when they should, some before they should, some even go beyond when they should. But my new old friends will no longer be purchased at the grocery store or delivered to my door. My friends the comfort foods.
Two hundred sixty eight point nine pounds. No wonder my feet hurt and my knees are bad. I hope you all will give me all of your support as I endeavour to extend my quality of life and improve my health. My aim is to lose 55lbs. by June 15th. Please watch me as I will track my victories (and defeats). I'm doing 2,000 calories a week on a planned diet (more on that later). I've already cheated. I had some chips and cheese on Monday and a whole mess of Club crackers yesterday. I should have thrown them out before I started, but I didn't. Who knew that their voices would scream so loud calling me to munch them to their deaths. Well, with them devoured, there is nothing left to tempt me. Here I go. Mr. America by June! Wish me luck.