Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New York City!

I'm in New York for the second time this year! My first trip was with Kristi and that was for fun. This time it was for work. I went to help the Jersey castle open the new show. The best part of the visit was the 15 minute bus ride to the city. There was a bus stop right outside the Marriott where I stayed for 4 days. More on the hotel later, for now let's look at the pictures!

Here we see the very colorful Mary Poppins and Young Frankenstein marquis. (What is the plural for marquis?) They wer enormous and very bright. I'm really happy at how well they came out. Click on them to make them bigger! Next pics... DINNER!

I had dinner at the Hawaiian Tropic Zone Restaurant. It's an upscale restaurant with scantily
clad Hawaiian Tropic models as the servers. This is me with my server. I forget her name but she was Number 9 in the pageant. (She didn't win.) The picture was taken by this French guy who was there with his family. They were very interested in my food. What did I order...?

I started with the Calamari and a Captain Morgan and diet. The drink was spectacular and the calamari so-so. Nothing still beats the calamari in Frederick. Then came the New York Strip with Asiago fries. I also had a glass of the recommended red wine. The steak was a little chewy but the fries were cool. I forget what that yellow sauce is. Next came dessert. There was a dessert menu that came with one of those Viewmaster View Finders for the pictures. I chose the Cheesecake Lollipop Tree and a Blueberry Mojito. The cheesecake was really good and the presentation was creative. It came with a side of Bubblegum Whipped Cream. I tried it and it tasted exactly like Bazooka Joe! Disgusting!

The French family was so transfixed by the Cheesecake Tree that I offered them some. The papa gladly took one and proceeded to double dip in the whipped cream! Good thing I didn't like it anyway. Next, the bill...

The check came to $108.54... It's a fun place to visit but I wouldn't want to eat there! Definately not worth the price. Go for drinks but not the food.

Go to http://flickr.com/photos/15214131@N02/sets/72157604102851595/ to see all the pictures from my trip!