Thursday, January 03, 2008

You won't believe...

So... a tale of horror.
This is a true story. Not a story heard by me or told to me. It happened to me... this very night.

A many of you know, I work at Medieval Times - Dinner & Tournament. No need to go into the details here as they are not pertinent to the story. What is important for you to know is that my castle (yes, we work in a castle) is attached to a mall. I'm 47 years old and I work in a mall. This is important. Not my age but the working in a mall thing.

After work today, my friend and roommate joined me at the mall to go see the new Alien Vs. Predator movie. As we left the castle on one end of the mall to walk to the theatres at the other end, we passed one of those little photo booths, you know, the one where you sit inside and get 3 or 4 of those little wallet sized photos taken. Sometimes you cram your best friend in there with you and take funny pictures together. Got the picture?

So we walk passed this photo booth and my roommate stops. He calls me over. Outside this particular photo booth is a small video screen. It seems that there is a video camera inside that shoots you as you take your picture. This way all your funn friends can watch from outside. Lotsa fun! Well I backtracked to see what had my roomie so entranced. It seems that at some point in the day a young female and her boyfriend decided to get pictures of themselves in the photo booth. Innocent enough you might say. That is until you realize that she is performing oral favors on him. Yup. My roomie and I deduce that the video is looping the antics of it's customers on the video screen. I immediately make haste to the management office to tell them that they need to erase that particular loop. Until roomie stops me again. I return.

It's not a recorded loop. It's live. The deed was actually happening in front of our very eyes with just the little black curtain seperating us. My, my. Young boyfriend then emerged from the box through the curtain and saw me standing there. I pointed at the video screen, still with his girlfriends image, looked directly at him and said, "Yup."

How was your day?